I would like to let you know that the St.Petersburg State University
will hold the International Symposium on Atmospheric Radiation and Dynamics (ISARD-2013) in St.-Petersburg June 24-27, 2013.
Your participation will very much contribute to the success of the Symposium and numerous personal contacts will enhance the exchange of scientific information.
The deadline for submission of abstracts to ISARD-2013 - May 1, 2013.
1. Satellite sounding of atmosphere and surface (passive and active sounding,
physics-mathematical basis, interpretation methods, results and analysis of satellite
sounding, extant and projected experiments and new technique).
2. Remote sensing of atmosphere and underlying surface in different spectral ranges (ground-based, aircraft and balloon sounding, physics-mathematical basis,
interpretation methods, results, synergetic methods).
3. Radiative transfer theory (atmosperic molecular spectroscopy, transfer of solar and
atmospheric radiation, transfer of polarized and non-LTE radiation, radiative transfer in
3-D media, etc.).
4. Radiation-cloud and radiation-aerosol interactions (interaction characteristics - calculations
and experiments, field and laboratory studies, aerosol and cloud optical and microphysics characteristics, aerosol radiation forcing,
methods of optical diagnostics of atmospheric aerosol and cloudiness).
5. Radiative climatology and algorithms in models for weather and climate forecasting (radiative algorithms and validation, radiative regime of underlying surface and atmosphere,
Earth radiation budget - measurements and modeling).
6. Field studies of radiative characteristics of atmosphere and surface (instrumentation for
measuring the atmospheric radiation characteristics and remote sensing of the atmosphere and underlying
surface, results of compex investigation projects).
7. Wave characteristics, macrocirculation and dynamics interactions in atmospheres of the Earth and other planets (observations and numerical modeling of the macrocirculation of middle and upper atmosphere; measurements of characteristics and structure of global waves and waves from local sources; modeling of generation,
propagation and interaction of atmospheric waves; wave action on the atmospheric macrocirculation and turbulence;
dependence of atmospheric wave movement from other dynamics processes in atmosphere, hydrosphere, firm ground and
space influence; dynamics interaction of different atmospheric layers).
8. Structure of middle and upper atmosphere of the Earth and other planets (observations of vertical distributions of temperature,
pressure, density and their different variations in the stratosphere, mesosphere and thermosphere; analysis and models of the radiative budget
and its components for these atmospheric layers; observations of neutral gaseous and aerosol structures and their different variations
in the stratosphere, mesosphere and thermosphere; modeling of gaseous and aerosol composition in these atmospheric
layers; connection of the structure and conposition of these layers with dynamics processes in the atmosphere, hydrosphere, firm ground
and space processes (at Sun etc.)).
9. Photochemistry and kinetics of excited states of atoms and molecules and non-LTE radiation in the atmosphere of the Earth and other
planets (observations and modeling of non-LTE radiation in middle and upper atmosphere in UV, visible, IR and microwave
ranges; photochemistry and kinetics of excited states of neutral atoms and molecules, dependence of excitation degree on processes in
atmosphere, its temperature and composition and on external sources; application of non-LTE radiation observations
for studying the atmospheric structure, composition and different dynamics processes in atmosphere).
Working languages of the Symposium are English and Russian.
Information on ISARD-13 Proceedings NEW!
THESES of the SYMPOSIUM NEW!
Prof. Yury Timofeyev
Chairman of the Russian Radiation Commission
Chairman of the ISARD-2013 Organizing Committee